Water plays a crucial role in our general health and overall wellbeing, which is why it should be free from contaminants and have a balanced pH level. A pH range of 4–11 & ORP at negative 800 is advisable for drinking water.
That’s where an alkaline water ionizer machine comes into the picture. Aside from removing impurities from the water with their filter system, it also helps measure the acidity or alkalinity level.
How to Choose an Alkaline Water Machine
Buying an excellent alkaline water ionizer machine is not an easy task. Before purchasing, you should check whether its filter system, pH range of a device, types of plates, and much more.
- Filters – Single or dual filters? The latter is more superior and should be your go-to option especially if your water quality is poor. The life & cost of the filters is also an important consideration.
- Plates – There are three types – flat and solid, mesh or slotted. Flat and solid plates are superior because they are easy to clean and more durable. Aim for more than three plates – the number of plates corresponds with the power of your alkaline water ionizer.
- PH/ORP range – Look for a machine with pH range is 4-11 and at least a negative 800 ORP.
- Self-cleaning – Some machines will auto-clean when they turn on and off.
We’ve compiled the best of alkaline water ionizer based on specific categories. So here we go.
|Best Value Countertop
Air Water Life
|Filter system||Dual||Single||6-stage filter||Single|
|Plates||7 solid platinum-coated titanium||7 solid platinum-coated titanium||–||–|
|ORP (mv)||-800||-800||Between -100 and -200||-100|
1. Best Countertop Machine
Bawell Platinum Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
The first one on our list is Bawell Platinum Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine. It has an easy-to-read display screen on the stainless steel design. We must say it is one of the most modern countertop alkaline water ionizers.
You can easily attach it either to the water line itself or the faucet head. But to use this machine, you’ll need a fair amount of counter space around your faucet.
You should note that it has two filters which need to be replaced after every 9–11 months. So it’s essential that you always calculate the cost of filter replacement before buying the product.
Now coming to the main feature, i.e., its pH level — you can program it yourself anywhere in the range of 2.0–12.0. And it offers an ORP level of +600 -800 which is the best for drinking water.
Well, it’s not only us who are pretty confident about their material. FDA has also approved of their BPA-free food-grade plastics used in making the model. It’s safe to say that it’s an excellent device to run your water through.
Some other features that it includes are:
- The machine comes with a lifetime warranty. Yes, you read it right.
- The machine cleans itself every time you start it up or shut it down, so it’s easy to maintain.
- It has a total of seven solid titanium platinum coated plates to ionize water.
This alkaline water machine is the top of the model offered by Bawell. You may not be able to afford it if you’re on a tight budget.
2. Best Value Machine
Air Water Life Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0
Air Water Life Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0 can never disappoint you. For starters, it makes your life easy by giving you seven water options to choose from: 1 non-ionized purifier, two ionized acidic presets, and four ionized alkalines continuously variable. So you can choose according to your intended use, i.e., purified drinking water, cooking, daily drinking, etc.
One of the most significant advantages is that it is a small, compact unit, which means it won’t occupy much of your kitchen space.
Apart from that, it is one of the top water filtration systems in its price range. It not only filters the water but also specifically cleans contaminants out of the water by passing it over the ionic plates. And undoubtedly, ionized water tastes perfect.
What’s more, the construction is superior and has excellent durability too. And the platinum coated titanium plates are energy-efficient.
Some of the other features include:
- The device has a 5-year warranty.
- The pH range is 4 to 11 which is great for drinking water. And the ORP is also in the target range at negative 840.
- It is one of the most affordable machines for what it has to offer. And that’s why it is the best value for money.
3. Best Pitcher
EHM ULTRA Premium Alkaline Water Pitcher
Water filters are becoming a popular choice in every household. And it can be a bit expensive if you’re on a budget constraint. But that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on healthy, purified water with a balanced pH level.
Pitcher filters are not only cheap but also convenient to use in comparison to other water filter systems. The best one on our list is EHM Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Pitcher by EHM.
Apart from removing the harmful pollutants, it also adds back healthy minerals like zinc, iron, and calcium to the water. It is even known to remove heavy metals like arsenic, lead, chlorine, and fluoride too. Not every pitcher has the ability to do that.
Furthermore, this pitcher uses a high-tech 6-stage filter cartridge that refines water with an unparalleled capacity of 300 liters per filter cartridge. The pitcher also features a micro screen which significantly reduces the release of harmful particles in your water.
We were delighted with the product material and design.
More about it:
- It deserves credit for its design. With its easy-to-fill lid system and digital gauge, you can quickly know when it’s time to change the filter.
- It produces alkaline water which can be beneficial to your health.
- It has a large capacity per PH001 Filter = 96 gallons /1500 cups /350 liters per filter.
- The materials used are NSF-certified. They are eco-friendly too.
4. Best Water Bottle
pH Active Insulated Water Bottle
You have to agree that carrying alkaline water bottles is the best and most convenient way to get access to clean and filtered water in the middle of nowhere. Whether you’re going out for a walk or are a frequent traveler, it makes sense to search for a portable solution.
pH Active is the newest insulated alkaline water filter bottle from Invigorated Living. The multi-stage pHon-the-go filtration system helps filter out heavy metals like arsenic and lead. The dichlorination balls eliminate chlorine. The filter capacity is enormous – 1oz filter bag lasts 72 liters – which is about one month for the average person.
It deserves appreciation for its design too. It has a sleek and ergonomic stainless-steel body. You can opt for the stylish main bamboo lid, or the one-hand operated sports lid.
Furthermore, the compact size and one hand operation flip-top lid make it perfect for carrying to the gym.
Well, a portable alkaline water bottle may be an expensive investment. But if you have a regular requirement for an ionized container, you should buy it.